Thursday, September 23, 2010

Are you kidding me??

The other day I was looking in the linen closet. I didn't find it, but I found some other interesting stuff. There was a large plastic bag filled with soap ends. Like when the bar of soap gets small. I found another plastic bag with the ends of toilet paper rolls. Like when the toilet paper gets really small. So I asked Dot what are you going to do with this stuff? She replied in a sweet southern voice, "well we are going to donate them to our favorite charity here in Mpls." Oh dear, no you can't!! Dot is all about saving what she has and making do with what she has. Usually an admirable trait! She meant well. She is really so adorable. And she can laugh at herself. And does so often! Which always helps in times like these. When Dot goes to say Target, she can't often find what she needs to buy. Usually she will tell me that they don't sell that product anymore. Of course they do, but she is saving face. And I let her. Because she is so adorable!

No comments: