Friday, September 10, 2010

Oh what a day!

Well there comes a time when all common sense is finally and forever gone. That time has come I think for Dot and Bill. It has been a tough couple of days for them and me. Several days ago Dot bought a dishwasher. It has to be a special portable dishwasher as the opening is smaller than the built ins. So here we go. They got the handyman to come over and remove the old one. There was one copper tube that was in the lower cupboard where the pots and pans go. The handyman did his thing and left. Bill had to mess around and there was hot water flowing full blast for 2 hours until I got home.. Every single towel and rag was put to use to no avail. I got there and asked did you call the handyman back? No of course not! So I called him and he was there in a matter of minutes. Fixed the problem and got my dad to admit his mistake. A rarity for sure. He even cleaned up all of the water that was everywhere and the insulation in the basement was wet and he removed that as well. He is a great handyman. Its not easy being old thats for sure. Dot is exhausted and is beside herself with all the mess around her. We got the new dishwasher installed today by the same handyman. Yipppeeeee! Then today my son-in-law painted the garage. Bill did not want to buy a new brush for him. The only one he had was hard as a rock. I told him he had to buy a new one and he had a temper tantrum and said I was trying to run the show and he wouldn't take that. I just told him then he would have to paint it himself. He changed his mind. We still have bees, yellow jackets in the basement. Bill will not pay for and exterminator. Oh well, I am the bee whisperer. Later

No comments: