Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Missing Dot

I am starting to miss mom, the real mom. So many things are happening to her every day. Its really hard for Dot to give up some of her duties. And most times she won't even consider it. Some days she has an imaginary boundaries. If I ask her to go somewhere, she will almost always say its too far. If we must get something she needs, well maybe tomorrow she says. She is having lots of trouble following a story that someone is telling her. I remember when this started for Bill. Now I really don't have too much conversation with Bill, way too hard. Between his deafness and dementia, I just can't do it. Evil aren't I? But what should I do? My mom, Dot is the sweetest person in the world, everyone who meets her falls in love with her. She has southern charm and grace. She has never frowned or been disagreeable ever. If she ran into some anger or trouble, she just turns on that southern charm, and all is well again. Things a a bit different now. She is often frowning. She is often mad. She will argue about anything. And she mutters. Which can be really funny. The other day Bill was grousing about something or another, and Dot says just loud enough for me to hear her, "joy killer"!!! It was really funny!

No comments: